Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blog Post 2

Mr. Dancealot I feel like the central message of this video was to say all teachers are not cut out to be teachers. Some just do it for a check or to be off during the summer. He made a case by showing that in the end the students knew nothing because thy weren't properly taught. I don't agree with people becoming teachers who are not cut out for it.

  Teaching in the 21st century. I honestly watched this video twice and got nothing out of it. I'm not sure if it was because there wasn't any talking but could not concentrate on this video at all. Sorry.


  The networked student As the video was saying the internet basically teaches us everything we need to know. I feel like we need teachers, because we are always gone need that role model or actual person to help us. Teachers are very important in helping us because everything we read on the internet is not true.

  Harness your students' digital smarts I agree with her, yet I somewhat disagree with her. My agreement is that I think kids do learn better when they are surrounded by things they are used to such as, computers, tablets and cellphones. My disagreement is that children were capable of learning when these things didn't exist so still would be able to.

  Who's ahead in the learning race? I honestly think that elementary students are ahead in the learning race. I wasn't even aware of google docs until I entered the EDM310 class. It amazes me how someone only in kindergarten may be more technologically up to date than I am.

  Flipping the classroom I've never heard of flipping the classroom but I think the idea is brilliant. I think it will help when I become a teacher but it allows children to see it before hand come to class already prepared and full of questions!



teacher

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on most everything, we need teachers that have a passion for teaching. When they do not it just makes things harder and more stressful for our children.
    I also feel that technology doesn't offer security and compassion to the individual person.
    It is definitely true that children are ahead, it is sad that my 1st grader knows more about technology than I do, guess he will have to teach me. Good luck on your other blogs. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a lot of great points! Organization of those points will help the reader follow along, as opposed to one big paragraph. Also, don't forget to include pictures and links to the videos you are referring to. Be sure to answer every question listed in the blog post assignment. If you have any questions regarding any of this, please feel free to stop by the lab and we will be happy to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Teaching in the 21st century. I honestly watched this video twice and got nothing out of it. I'm not sure if it was because there wasn't any talking but could not concentrate on this video at all. Sorry." Try again. Take notes. Construct an outline of the points being made.

    "...because we are always gone need that role model…" I think you mean "going to" rather than "gone".

    "Teachers are very important in helping us because everything we read on the internet is not true." Nor is everything a teacher says true! How to students learn to evaluate what they see, read, and hear? Wendy Drexler discusses that. Did you catch what she said?

    What about paragraphs? Have you figured out how to create paragraphs in html?

    "My disagreement is that children were capable of learning when these things didn't exist so still would be able to." Yes, but the question is how do you engage students learning in a technological world if you do not use technology?

    "…google…" Google is a proper name and must be capitalized.

    Your discussion is rather brief - too brief in most cases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with some of your thoughts. I agree with you on the Mr. Dancealot video. He didn't want to be bothered with the students at all. I also disagree. I disagree with the video you said you got nothing out of but if you have a short attention span like me. I understand. Next time make sure you use your breaks in the posts.

    ReplyDelete